My name is Oliver Lau, I am a Director of Photography & Filmmaker currently based in Hong Kong.
Having shooting and editing experience ranging from feature narrative films, music videos, commercials to concert aftermovies for high caliber artists and clients such as Google, PepsiCo, Bain & Company and T-Pain has given me the experience and skillset to deliver high production value content utilizing minimal crew and resources while delivering for tight deadlines.
I usually color all projects that I shoot, ensuring that the vision for the project is maintained at it's highest standard from storyboard to delivery.
My recent work include shooting feature film "Nirvenue" for Hong Kong based director Kal Ng, producing and doing cinematography for documentary "Yuen Fen" with UK director Undine Markus and my most recent NY Inter-state collaborative effort with Director Akram Shibly on Binghamton Film Initiative produced film "Project Nomadic". I've collaborated with filmmaker across the globe, lensing over 30 projects, garnering over 1 million views across the internet.
Brands and companies from previous work.
Festival Awards & Accolades
- James Franco Studio 4 Film Festival 2016 Best Cinematography & Audience Choice Winner "Anna".
- 2016 SUNY-wide Film Festival - 1st Place in Fiction "Mime".
- NY Binghamton Babylon Film Festival - Best Cinematography "Releve"
- Buffalo International Film Festival - Jury Award WNY Best Short "Beyond the Sea".
- 2015 SUNY-wide Film48 film festival Binghamton - Best Cinematography, Best Picture, Best Editing, Best Directing, "Eye see stars".
- 2015 New York State Wide University Film Festival -Grand Jury Prize winner "Fallout"
- 2015 New York State Wide University Film Festival -Fiction Honorable Mention "Ember"
- 2015 SUNY-wide Film48 film festival Binghamton - Best Cinematography, Best Picture, Best Editing, Best Directing, Best Screenplay, Fan Favorite Award "Anna".
- 2014 IFVA Asia-wide film festival Best Film & Best Cinematography (Junior Division) - "I am not a Superhero"
- 2015 Film48 hour film festival - Best Picture, Best Cinematography winner - "Her Voice".
- 2013 Asia-wide Hong Kong Interschool Film Festival Best Film & Best Cinematography - "男孩"
- 2013 IFVA Official Selection - "男孩"
- 2014 BFI 48hour Film Festival 2nd place - "Deadly Keys"